This tip might be useful for people, who use notepad to write down any info on a day to day basis (//like diary//):
1. Open a blank Notepad file.
2. Write .LOG as the first line of the file, followed by a enter.
3. Save the file and close it.
4. Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and places the cursor on the line after.
4. Type your notes and then save and close the file.
5. Each time you open the file, Notepad repeats the process, appending the time and date to the end of the file and placing the cursor below it.